2020 Run to Fight Children's Cancer
RTF2020 Virtual Announcement
The past five months have been unprecedented and challenging. We, at Children’s Cancer Network, are grateful that we have been able to pivot successfully to continue to meet the needs of our families in new and creative ways while maintaining the safety of our families, volunteers, and staff.
We have also watched, learned, and grown in ways that lead us to exciting news. We are thrilled to announce that CCN’s Run to Fight Children’s Cancer 2020 will be virtual! We have the shirts! We have the medals! We now have the ability, the manpower, and the plan to create an experience that you will not easily forget! 2020 has been a tough year so please join us for some fun as we gather virtually to both celebrate and honor our childhood cancer heroes, make an impact on the childhood cancer community, and enjoy every minute of it in unity with 8 weeks of inspired virtual festivities concluding with a virtual spirit week like no other. We can’t wait to get started!
Here’s the plan! All registered participants of CCN’s Run to Fight Children’s Cancer 2020 will run, walk, jog (or virtually participate from the couch) in a 10K or 5K on a course of your choice, at a time you choose from Sunday, October 11th through Sunday, October 25th. You may choose to complete this goal alone, as a small group or a team with social distancing! All we ask is that you include us along the way, virtually, through photos, videos, stories, and quotes. Look for the details of how to submit your photos, videos, stories, and quotes shortly. There will be prizes and recognition for the best start line, best finish line, most creative course, most enthusiastic team, most passionate participant, and more!
We look forward to sharing your experiences throughout the next 6 weeks ahead and during RTF Spirit Week via social media while we provide fun challenges, uplifting stories, engaging videos, and words of wisdom from our inspirational heroes. Our hosts for the next 8 weeks will be the incredible Run to Fight Race Starters ANGEL, GWYN, LILY, JACE, EMMA, MIA, JACK, COOPER, GRACE and OLIVIA. Our heroes will guide us through the next 8 weeks with the opportunity to LEARN about the realities of childhood cancer, SHARE the information with your tribe, CONNECT with our childhood cancer heroes, and IMPACT these families like we never have before!
The 2020 Run to Fight Children’s Cancer is the second event in Children’s Cancer Network’s Journey of Hope, our four-month campaign to make an impact for Arizona families battling childhood cancer as we continue into the recovery phases of COVID-19. As the saying goes, cancer does not stop and neither do we! We’re showing up, working hard, and making a difference for Arizona’s childhood cancer families. Please join us! Let’s make the 2020 Run to Fight Children’s Cancer a meaningful, impactful, and fun experience. In short, let’s make it one to remember.
Beginning today, the 2020 CCN Run to Fight Children’s Cancer Season is open! Start your training, plan your course, and create a mindset of success as we embark on this virtual journey together. Watch the website (runtofightcancer.com) and Run to Fight’s social media for the schedule of activities, informative posts, inspiring interviews and engaging stories from our heroes, RTF Partners, RTF Teams, and the childhood cancer community. Contact me if you’d like to be highlighted during the upcoming 8 weeks! We’d love to have you involved!
Please note the following details:
- Our Run to Fight Presenting Sponsor and Valued Partner, Pono Construction, leads the way with their support along with our esteemed RTF Partners Grand Canyon University, Macy’s, The Enterprise Foundation, and Spooner Physical Therapy.
- The Run to Fight Children’s Cancer registration site is again open at runtofightcancer.com. Please feel free to encourage family and friends here in Arizona and across the country to join you for this virtual experience. **If you are already registered for this event, all you need to do is come to a scheduled packet pickup to receive your official shirt, medal and goodie bag!
- All registered participants will receive the unique 2020 RTF MEDAL designed by cancer survivor, Jeff Luttrell; the specially designed 2020 RTF SHIRT; and RTF runner’s packet with information and goodies from our partners and vendors.
- Packet Pick Ups for all participants will be in a drive-through format beginning Tuesday, October 6th at Children’s Cancer Network (6150 W. Chandler Blvd, Ste 1, Chandler, AZ 85226). Additional dates and locations can be found on the website runtofightcancer.com.
- Packets for out of state participants will be mailed the first week of October.
- All registered participants of CCN’s Run to Fight Children’s Cancer 2020 will run, walk, jog (or virtually participate from the couch) in a 10K or 5K on a course of your choice, at a time you choose from Sunday, October 11th through Sunday, October 25th. Mark your calendar for RTF 2020 Spirit Week beginning Sunday, October 18th and ending with our virtual RTF Celebration at 10:00 AM on Sunday, October 25th.
- Our talented event team with our RTF Race Starters, Just Energy Entertainment, and Children’s Cancer Network’s staff and volunteers are ready to go! Are you?
I look forward to connecting over the next 6 weeks! Your patience and support have been appreciated leading up to this point. Now is the time to move forward and have some fun.
As always, we respect the right for each of you to make a decision regarding the changes to this event due to COVID-19. We hope you will join us on this impactful virtual adventure together but we certainly understand if you prefer not to do so. You are welcome to a full refund should you choose to not participate. Please email me at email@example.com should you choose to activate this option or if you have questions about this virtual experience.
I look forward to Stepping up the Fight together during the 2020 Virtual Run to Fight Children’s Cancer!
Patti and the 2020 RTF Committee
Mission & History
Mission & History
Run to Fight Children’s Cancer is the largest race in Arizona dedicated solely to pediatric cancer. Now in its tenth year, the race unites the community in building awareness of childhood cancer and raising much-needed funds for research, treatments, patient education and a host of support services for families battling the disease. All proceeds from the race stay in our community and benefit Arizona children fighting cancer through the work of our beneficiaries, Children’s Cancer Network and Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Grand Canyon University Foundation hosted the inaugural Run to Fight Children’s Cancer – with its 10K run, 5K run/walk and quarter-mile Children’s Survivors Walk – in 2011. Since then, the race has become a signature event in Arizona, attracting thousands of participants and raising much needed funds for lifesaving treatments at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, along with financial, education and support programs provided to families by Children’s Cancer Network.
In 2018, the Grand Canyon University Foundation passed the baton to Children’s Cancer Network, who assumed operations of the event. Together with runners, sponsors, volunteers and our very own cancer-fighting superheroes, Run to Fight Children’s Cancer is a voice for young cancer survivors and a beacon of hope for families across the state.
Run to Fight Children’s Cancer: 10K run, 5K run/walk and Cancer Hero Walk
WHO: Run to Fight Children’s Cancer is an event to both celebrate survivorship and honor those who have lost their battle. We welcome virtual participants of all ages and all levels including elite runners, joggers, and walkers. All are invited to virtually cheer on our amazing superheores and their families participating in the Cancer Hero Walk.
All registered participants of CCN’s Run to Fight Children’s Cancer 2020 will run, walk, jog (or virtually participate from the couch) in a 10K or 5K on a course of your choice, at a time you choose from Sunday, October 11th through Sunday, October 25th. You may choose to complete this goal alone, as a small group or a team with social distancing! All we ask is that you include us along the way, virtually, through photos, videos, stories, and quotes. Look for the details of how to submit your photos, videos, stories, and quotes shortly. There will be prizes and recognition for the best start line, best finish line, most creative course, most enthusiastic team, most passionate participant, and more!
Race Location: It's Virtual!
The location is up to you! Let us know your route! We look forward to “seeing” your 5K or 10K through your photos and videos! Email photos and videos to Run2Fight@childrenscancernetwork.org. with your permission to post via social media! Thank you!
On your mark. Get set.
WATCH PARTY CELEBRATION
Event Details and Course
Please see the details in the Announcement above!
Although not required for event participation, the hope is that those that join the Run to Fight Family through event participation volunteering will be moved to join the fundraising efforts! When you register, the opportunity to build a fundraising team will be presented, All funds will benefit the family centered programs and services of Phoenix Children’s Hospital and Children’s Cancer Network. Thank you for your support! For assistance with fundraising or teams, contact Tiffany Creek at Tiffany.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's Step Up The Fight >>
Drive Through Packet Pick Ups will begin on OCTOBER 6th for all registered participants and continue throughout the month at the scheduled dates and times:
- Tuesday, October 6th 10a – 6:30pm at Children’s Cancer Network, 6150 W. Chandler Blvd., Ste 1, Chandler, AZ 85226
- Thursday, October 8th 10a – 6:30pm at Children’s Cancer Network, 6150 W. Chandler Blvd., Ste 1, Chandler, AZ 85226
- Wednesday, October 14th – 11:30am – 2:00pm and 4:00pm – 6:30pm at Macy’s at Biltmore Fashion Park 2502 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
- Tuesday, October 20th 10a – 6:30pm at Children’s Cancer Network, 6150 W. Chandler Blvd., Ste 1, Chandler, AZ 85226
- Wednesday, October 28th 10a – 6:30pm (post-event) at Children’s Cancer Network, 6150 W. Chandler Blvd., Ste 1, Chandler, AZ 85226
Registration may occur online through October 25th at 10am! Thank you!
The best part of a virtual event: No parking required!
Timing and Awards
Run to Fight Children’s Cancer 2020 is on your own!
Everyone medals at Run to Fight Children’s Cancer! Finisher medals will be in your packets at pick up! You’re a winner in our eyes before you even start this event! Watch our FACEBOOK posts for special recognitions and awards for fun categories like: Best Start Line, Best Finish Line, Most Creative Course, etc!
|Award categories include the following age ranges:|
|11 & under||30 - 34||55 - 59|
|12 - 15||35 - 39||60 - 64|
|16 - 19||40 - 44||65 - 69|
|20 - 24||45 - 49||70 -74|
|25 - 29||50 - 54||75 & over|